components of air, greenhouse effect, global warming, layers of atmosphere, weather and climate, temperature Air pressure, pressure belts, wind system, types of rain
1.What would happen if atmospheric blanket was missing from earth?
2. If man colonizes on moon, how will he survive the absence of the atmospheric blanket present on earth?
3. Why are plants very important for the life on earth as it exist today?
- Recall all the factors that affect the climate of a place?
- Which of the following is true for The eye of a cyclone? a) It is an area of high pressure b) It is an area of low pressure c) Its lots of clouds and rain d) It has high temperature
- Which of the following is the best thing to do during heavy lightening? a) Lying on the ground in an open place b) Going into the nearest water body c) Staying indoors away from metallic doors or windows d) Standing under a tall tree
- How are sea and land breezes caused? a) Through convection currents b) Through cyclones c) Through rain d) Through conduction
- From where do the monsoon winds come from? a) North East b) North West c) South East d) South West
- What do you understand by insolation?
- What do you understand by temperate zone? Show by diagram
- What causes the wind current across the globe? a) The rotation of the earth b) Change in season c) Uneven heating between the equator and the poles d) Gravitational pull of the sun
- Why cyclonic rainfall happens in Odhisa during the months of March end-May? Explain with the help of a diagram.
- See the average temperature of two cities of India. Can you tell why there is huge difference in day and night temperature for Aurangabad and not for Mumbai in these two months:
MUMBAI April: 33°/24° May34° / 27° Aurangabad April : 39° / 23° May39° / 25
- Can you tell why the equatorial belt gets rain all round the year even though they get the highest heat from the sun on the earth?
- Explain in detail the correlation between Air, Temperature and Atmospheric pressure and how it affects the winds around the earth.
- Can you explain how Ferrel’s law is one of the contributors to developing the patterns of the winds on the Earth?
- Do you think convection air currents cause different types of winds? Can you show the relation between local winds, periodic winds and planetary winds by using the concept of convection air currents?
- Water vapour in the atmosphere condenses to form clouds? From this statement, what can be concluded: a) the temperature decreases as we go higher b) The temperature increases as we go higher c) Pressure increases as we go higher d) Pressure decreases as we go higher
- Upon heating, gases become lighter. Why? a) Increase in molecular spaces b) Decrease in molecular spaces c) Breaking of Molecules d) Formation of new Molecules