weekly markets, mall, wholesale, chain of markets, branded goods, haats, supply chain, cooperative, equality, exporter, ginning mills, profit
1. How do markets help in creating the economy of a country?
2. Why do you think different formats of markets have evolved around us?
- Goods are produced in: a) Factories b) Farms c) Homes d) All of the above
- Which of the following is a feature of malls? a) Air-conditioned buildings b) Multi-storeyed buildings c) Shops on different floors d) All of the above
- The urban markets in the form of malls and shopping complexes sell____ goods . a) Branded Non-branded c)Both a and b d)None of the above
- Which of the following is an example of shops in neighborhood :a) Dairy Departmental store b)Pharmacy c)All of the above
- What refers to buying and selling in large quantities? a)Weekly market b)Wholesale c) Mall d) Cineplex
- Where are shopping complexes found? a)Rural Areas b)Urban Areas c)Both a and b d)None of these
- What is required to cashless shopping? a)Ration card b) Credit card c)Driving licence d) All of these
- What kind of traders are shopkeepers in a weekly market? a) Small traders b) Large traders c)Wholesalers d)None of these
- What are the link/s between producers and traders? a) Wholesaler b)Customer c) Retailer d)None of these
- What are the benefits of neighborhood shops: a) They are near our home b)We can there on any day of the week c) They also provide goods on credit d) All of the above
- How is e-commerce different from retail format? Write their advantages and disadvantages.
- What is the need of wholesale markets?
- What is the difference between wholesale markets and malls?
- How does raw material reach to the final consumer in the finished form? Explain the process with an example.
- What is a market place? Give examples to explain the concept in detail.
- How is neighborhood market different from a weekly market?
- If A farmer of sugarcane is from a village around Meerut, how will he make sure his sugarcane fetches him the right price?
- If an entrepreneur wants to open a small factory to produce cotton fabric, how do you think he will procure his raw material? Where will you suggest him to set up his factory? Name the states where he can set up his/ her factory.
Case Study: There is an NGO in your city who works with women artisan and helps them make beautiful paper products like lamp shades, diyas, lights, table mats, etc. The NGO was doing well in the initial years when it had started its operations in the city. After 5 years, with a good growth in revenue, it is now facing a challenge in taking its product to different places as every marketing channel requires lot of investment which the NGO does not have. Can you suggest some ways in which the NGO can increase its sales without incurring too much investment in developing a marketing channel.