asexual reproduction, binary fission, budding, eggs, embryo, external fertilization, fertilization, foetus, internal fertilization, metamorphosis, oviparous animals, sexual reproduction, sperms, viviparous animals, zygote
1. What are the major parts of male and female reproductive system and their function?
2. What is the menstruation cycle?
3. What is the process of sperm production?
- Define binary fission.
- Dog is a mammal and is also : a) Oviparious b) Viviparious c) Herbivores
- Foetal growth in humans takes : a) 8 weeks b) 12 weeks c) 40 weeks d) 32 weeks
- Human Ovaries produce_____ in a month : a) ovum b) 2 ova c) many ova
- Each ovary is attached to: a) fallopian tube b) Uterus c) Endometrium
- Ovum is : a) egg b) fertilized egg c) sperm d) organ
- Nutrients, oxygen and other substances pass into the embryo from : a) placenta b) umbilical cord c) amniotic sac
- Menstrual cycle is a: a) 24 day cycle b) 4week cycle c) 5week
- How many chromosomes are present in humans: a) 23 b) 46 c) 22 d) 50
- The sex chromosome in humans is: a) 23rd pair b) 22nd pair c) 44th d) 21st
- The female chromosome in humans is: a) XX b) TT c) XY d) YX
- Which of the following is called the larva of a frog: a) nymph b) tadpole c) caterpillar
- Which of the following is an oviparous mammal: a) echidna b) kangroo c) rabbit d) bat
- Which of the following is/ are types of asexual reproduction: a) budding b) binary fission c) spore formation d) all of the above
- Put the following sequences is in correct order: zygote , baby, foetus , embryo
- Fill in the blanks:
i) The critical difference between asexual and sexual reproduction is _______
ii) Male and female gametes unite to form a ______
iii) Reproduction can be defined as the process ________
iv) Attainment of sexual maturity in humans is known as______
v) Basic unit of heredity is called ______
vi) Science that deals with study of development of living things controlled by qualities that are being passed from parents to children is _________
- Write a short note on reproduction and its importance
- Define menstrual cycle and explain its various phases
- Differentiate between moulting and morphogenesis?
- Explain the law of dominance with diagram.
- What is external fertilization?
- Write the difference between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Write the difference between external and internal fertilization.
- Explain the process of fertilization in humans with the diagram.
- What are test tube babies?
- How are clones formed?
- Which of the following is correct about asexual reproduction: a) new individuals are produced without the fusion of gametes b) new individual involves the fusion of male and female gametes c) it is a mode of reproduction which occurs only in plants d) new individuals are produced by the fusion of dissimilar gametes
- Which of the following is NOT a characteristic feature of sexual reproduction: a) it involves the fusion of two reproductive cells b) it is common in most organisms c) fertilization may take place inside or outside the body of female d) the offspring receives its characteristics from one parent only
- Which of the following is/ are paired structure in human reproductive system: a) ovary b) testes c) fallopian tube d) all of these
- Which part within the uterus prevents the mixing of the blood of the fetus with that of the mother: a) umbilical cord b) uterus wall c) placenta d) water sac
- How are paramecium and amoeba are similar: a) unicellular b) does not have a nucleus c) reproduces by binary fission d) both a and c
- Which part within the uterus prevents the mixing of the blood of the foetus with that of the mother: a) umbilical cord b) uterus wall c) placenta d) water sac
- Which of the following is/ are present in the milt of frog: a) embryo b) ovum c) spermatozoa d) both a and c
- What is the purpose of the tail in human sperm?
- Which of the following is NOT an example of asexual reproduction : a) reproduction in hydra b) reproduction in amoeba c) reproduction in bacteria d) reproduction in butterfly
- Which of these organisms reproduce in the same way as yeast: a) hydra b) amoeba c) starfish d) flatworm
- Which of the following processes refers to the casting away of the skin by a caterpillar to allow a larger caterpillar to emerge: a) metamorphosis b) chrysalis c) moulting d) development
- How is law of segregation different from law of independent assortment?
- Find the connection between the following words: a) silk larva and frog tadpole process is known as____ b) budding and binary fission are ______ c) Hens and Fish are _____ because of the way fertilization takes place d) Dogs and cats are_____ because of the way fertilization takes place
- Read the given information and identify P, Q and R . P- An ovum is discharged by the ovary Q- an embryo is implanted in the uterus R- the fusion of mate and female gamete take place a) P- ovulation Q- implantation R- fertilization b) P- fertilization Q- implantation R- ovulation c) P-ovulation Q- fertilization R- implantation d) P- implantation Q- ovulation R-fertilization
- Which of the following statements are correct about the menstrual cycle: a) an adolescent female will menstruate all throughout her life b) mensuration occurs every 28days c) during every menstrual cycle, one mature ovum will be released by the ovary d) both b and c
- In the list of the animals given below, hen is the odd one out: ‘ human being, cow, dog, hen’ The reason for this is: a) it undergoes internal fertilization b) it is oviparous c) it is viviparous d) it undergoes external fertilization