speed, distance, time taken
How is time and distance used to calculate speed ?
How do we find a relationship between time, distance and speed?
- Find speed when, distance is 142 km and time is 2 hours.
- The speed of the train is 72 km per hour. Find its speed in metre per second.
- Express the speed of 60 m per minute in km per hour.
- Find the speed in the following cases: (i) Distance = 90 km, Time = 2 hours (ii) Distance = 36000 m, Time = 24 seconds (iii) Distance = 750 km, Time = 15 hours.
- Express each of the following speeds in meters per second: (i) 36 km per hour (ii) 72 km per hour
- Express each of the following speeds in km per hour: (i) 900 m per minute (ii) 45 m per second
- Find out the distance covered when, speed is 960 km/hour and time is 1 hour 50 minutes.
- Determine the time taken when, distance is 7150 km and speed is 780 km/hr.
- If distance travelled by a train is 495 km in 4 hours 30 minutes, what is its speed?
- A fox ran 1000 m in 5 minutes. Find its speed.
- A man can cover 17 ½ km in 5 hours. Find his speed in
- If the distance covered by a train is 360 km in 4 hours, find its speed.
- A cyclist covers 950 m in 5 minutes. Find his speed in km/ hour.
- A man runs at the speed of 10 km/hr. How much time will he take to cover 750 metres?
- Aaron ran 500 metre in 100 Seconds. Find the speed in km per hour.
- A cyclist travels at a speed of 20 km/hour. How far will he travels in 50 minutes?
- A student has to reach his school in 15 minutes. If the school is 800 metres way, at what speed should he walk?