abiotic, biotic, aquatic, terrestrial, adaptation, hibernation, habitat, stimuli,
1. How do plants and animals adapt to different environments?
2. What different traits affect whether a plant or animal can survive in a given environment?
3. How do plants and animals change in areas where seasons change?
4. Why is important to adapt?
- Explain the various types of aquatic habitat.
- What is adaptation? Why is it important?
- Define migration. give example
- Define habitat. Give example
- How do water animal float?
- Can you tell two places where Siberian Crane used to migrate in winters?
- Explain what is mimicry with example.
- Which one of the following is true about both plants and animals? a) They can make their own food b) They need sunlight for energy c) They can move from one place to another d) They need water to live.
- Which of the following is paired correctly: a) Desert- Dolphin b) Aquatic- Giraffe c) Terrestrial- whale d) Terrestrial -deer
- Which of the following statement is or are correct? a) Those things which need food, water and air for their survival are called living things. b) Those things which do not need food, water and air for their survival are called non-living things. c) The study of living things or organisms is called biology. d) All the above.
- Priyank has written some statements, choose the incorrect statement and help him: a) The plants can move only parts of their body such as leaves, flowers, shoots and roots b) In living things, movement is caused by internal factors such as muscles pulling on bones, contraction and relaxation of only muscles or by action of chemicals called hormones c) The movement in non-living things is caused by an external force such as the push of our hand, blowing air or wind, flowing water or hot and compressed gases d) None of the above.
- Vihhu is doing his homework which is given by his teacher. Would you help him to choose the incorrect sentences? a) All the living things respond to changes around them. b) The living things show response to external stimuli such as heat, light, touch, sound, smell, taste, water and chemicals. c) If we see our favourite food, our mouth starts watering which is not associated with stimulus. d) If a bare-footed man steps on a sharp object like a thorn or a nail, he quickly pulls away his foot from the sharp object.
- Which of the following are characteristics of living beings? a) Respiration, reproduction and excretion b)Respiration and reproduction c)Reproduction and excretion d) Respiration, reproduction, adaptation and excretion
- Consider the following statements and choose the incorrect one: a) The snow leopard has big feet to spread the weight on snow and prevent it sinking into soft snow. b) The snow leopard has a thick layer of fat beneath its skin for insulation to protect it from cold. c) The snow leopard has a rounded body and small ears to keep the body surface area to a maximum. d) None of the above.
- Which one of the following aquatic plants grow completely submerged under water? a) Water hyacinth b) Hydrilla c) Water lily d) Lotus
- Which of the Following Cannot Be Reproduced Through Cutting? a) Sugarcane plants b) Wheat plants c) Rose plants d) Cactus plant
- Why does camel not have sweat glands?
- Why do water habitat animals have strong body?
- Write the difference between abiotic and biotic.
- Why does cactus have spines on them? Does Cactus have leaf? Why do they have long roots?
- Why do pine have needle like leaves?
- Why do mangrove trees have stilt like roots?
- Why do leaves of plants growing in rain forest have a waxy surface and drip tips?
- Why do trees in grasslands have a stem with a think bark?
- Why is hibernation and camouflage called features of adaptation?
- Why do turtles and crabs have limbs even though they are aquatic animals?
- Why do birds have hollow bones?
- Why do arboreal animals have sharp claws and strong muscular limbs and a tail?
- Why does camel excrete very little water in form of urine and it dung dry?
- Cacti is found in deserts. How have they adapted themselves to survive in such harsh conditions?
- Shreya touched a hot kettle and quickly pulled away. Which characteristic is proved by this statement. a) reproduction b) response to stimuli c) growth d) respiration
- An organism X has hair on its body. It gives birth to the young ones that feed on their mother’s milk. Which organism is X: a) Rabbit b) tortoise c) lizard d) crocodile
- If you happen to go to a desert, what changes do you expect to observe in the urine you excrete? Which of the above would hold true? a) Excrete small amount of urine and Excrete concentrated urine b) Excrete large amount of urine and Excrete very dilute urine c)Excrete small amount of urine and Excrete very dilute urine d) Excrete small amount of urine and Excrete large amount of urine
- Rahul was asked a question where he had to choose the statement which was/were incorrect. a) The process by which organisms produce new member of their species is called reproduction. b) When the seeds are sown in the moist soil, the seeds germinate and grow into new plants. c) When a potato tuber is planted in the soil, then all the buds of potato tuber start growing to produce new potato plants. d) One old potato tuber can produce only one new potato plants.
- X= Animals that live on land Y= Animals that live in water Which animal can be placed in group Z? a) birds b) frog c) shark d) lion
- Which of the following is represented by X in the figure given below: a) ocean b) island c) grassland d) snow land
- Which option does not belong to the group: a) snail b) fish c) cup d) grass
- Why are lions found in grasslands and not in rainforests?
- Penguins don’t have fur. Still they survive in polar conditions? Give reasons
- Can you tell why bird living in trees has strong and curved beaks?
- Giraffe are found in grassland and not in desserts. Can you think of reasons on how they have adapted themselves for that region.
- Though man tried to kill other animals relentlessly in 18th century but Dodo got extinct so easily? Can you think of a valid reason.
- Why do Bison have a shaggy winter coat? If bison were found in deserts then what would have changed in their adaptation needs?
- If we leave Zebras in rain forests, do you think they will be able to survive in their new habitats? Give reasons for your answers.