roots, stem, leaves, herb, shrubs, creepers, climbers, trunk, oxygen, carbon dioxide, trees
1. Why are plants important for us?
2. What would happen if there were no plants around us?
3. Why do you think plants able to stand straight and keep growing bigger and bigger?
- Which of these is an important function of the roots of a plant: a) to absorb oxygen from the atmosphere b) to absorb carbon di oxide from the atmosphere c) to absorb water and minerals from the soil d) all of these
- The leaves of ____ are used as food a) onion b) cabbage c) eggs d) ginger
- Which of the following statements explain about climber: a) climbers are plants with weak stem b) they cannot stand on their own c) they climb up on support d) all of the above
- Which part of these plants given below are eaten as food: a) roots b) leaves c) flowers d) stems
- Fruits develop from____ a) leaves b) flowers c) seeds d) stem
- Which of the following part is known as the food storehouse of the plant: a) stem b) leaves c) root d) shoot
- Small plants with weak stems are called herbs. Which of these is a herb: a) coriander b) money plant c) pumpkin d) tulsi
- Oil is not obtained from which of the following plant: a) mango plant b) sunflower plant c) mustard plant d) coconut plant
- Plants give us food grains. What are the examples of such grains: a) wheat and rice b) maize and barley c) gram and pulses d) all of these
- Which of the following is an aquatic plant: a) bottle gourd b) water lily c) mint d) pumpkin
- Plants having weak stems which grow along the ground are called: a) creepers b) climbers c) shrubs d) herbs
- Which of these is a creeper: a) pumpkin d) money plant c) cactus d) neem
- Which of the following plant is a herb: a) mango b) mint c) hibiscus d) coconut
- Which of the following parts of a plant absorbs water from the soil a) stem b) root c) leaves d) all of the above
- Which of these is NOT a plant: a) neem tree b) mushroom c) mango tree d) money plant
- Which of these is obtained from plants: a) paper b) animals c) medicine d) both a and c
- Which of the following statement is true for a herb: a) herb are small plants b) herb has soft stem c) herb needs the support of other plants to grow d) herb needs the support of other plants to grow d) both a and b
- Which of the following is NOT matched correctly: a) Root- Absorb water from soil b) leaf – prepares food c) Fruit- Protect seeds d) Flower- carries food
- Rose and hibiscus can be placed in the same group because both of them are: a) trees b) shrubs c) herbs d) small plants
- True or false: a) all plants are of the same size. b) Hibisucs is a shrub c) Leaf usually grows under the ground d) Flowers produce seeds e) Plants make their food during night f) Trees have very strong and woody stem g) Tulsi is a shrub h) Water lily has strong woody stem i) Money plant is a herb
- What are the uses of plants? Give five examples
- What are creepers?
- What is the difference between shrub and herbs?
- Draw a labelled diagram of a parts of a plant.
- Study the given flowchart and select the option to correctly fill the empty space X and Y a) mint and clove b) clove and neem c) tulsi and cocoa d) cardamom and almond
- What are the similarities between the plants bearing the flowers as shown : a) They have weak stems b) they have hard stems c) they have woody stem d) they grow along the ground
- Read the given features of a plant and identify it. A . It is a small plant with soft stem B. Its leaves are used to make medicine. C It is used to add flavour to food a) tulsi b) Hibiscus c) rose d) both a and c
- Reema has a papaya tree in her garden. One day her younger sister plucked all the flowers from the tree. She started scolding her sister. If you were in her situation, what would you tell your sister instead of scolding her: a) flowers give you more fruits b) flowers will stop the growth of a tree c) flowers gives support to the plants d) flowers give you fresh air
- Mark the trees: a) coriander b) pumpkin c) papaya d) banana
- Unscramble the word to name the part of the plant: RUFITS , OTOSR , LOFWRE , ELFAEV, TESM
- Choose the odd one out:
- Select the odd one out: a) money plant b) grapevine c) bean d) pumpkin
- Select the odd one out: a) table b) chair c) door d) medicine
- Select the odd one out: a) root b) shoot c) trees d) leaves
- Select the odd one out: a) cactus b) rose c) cotton d) hibiscus
- Select the odd one out: a) water b) wood c) pulses d) medicine
- Study the given figure. Which of the following best represents x and Y: a) X – mustard, Y- sunflower b) X- coconut Y- sunflower c) X- sunflower, Y – groundnut d) X- groundnut, Y – mustard
- What will happen to a plant if all its flowers are removed from it: a) the plant will stop making food b) the plant will stop transporting water to all other parts c) the plant will to produce any seeds or fruit d) the plant will eventually die
- Study the flow chart and choose the correct statement: a) A is a rose plant b) B is a hibiscus plant c) C is a Banyan tree d) D is a shrub
- Consider the following statements and choose the correct option. Statement 1: Trees have stronger stem than herbs and shrubs. Statement 2: Cactus is an aquatic plant a) Statement A is true. Statement B is false. b) Statement A is false. Statement B is true c) Both the statement s are true d) None of these
- Rose: shrub:: Pumpkin:___ a) herb b) creeper c) climber d) tree
- Pea plant: climber:: mint:___ a) herb b) creeper c) climber d) shrub
- Hibiscus: shrub:: Neem:___ a) tree b) herb c) medicinal plant d) climber
- Why is strawberry called a creeper?
Create a worksheet with various parts of plant that we eat as shown in the picture. Name the vegetables or fruits that we eat and what part of the plant it is.