acids, bases, indicator, neutralization, salt, basic, acidic, reactions
1. How does our understanding of the properties of acids and bases help us in our everyday lives?
2. How can we tell if a solution is an acid or base?
3. What happens when acids and bases react?
4. How do we determine if common household substances are acids, bases or neutral?
- State a few properties of acids
- State a few properties of bases.
- Give some examples of acids and bases.
- Define indicators. Give some examples.
- Name the source from which litmus solution is obtained. What is the use of this solution?
- Describe the process of neutralization.
- What is acid rain? How is pollution a cause for acid rain?
- What is neutralization process?
- Why do we need indicators?
- What will happen when dried turmeric paste come in contact with a basic solution? Can you highlight one such example that occurs everyday
- We have neutral indicator prepared by china rose petals which is pink in colour. There are two liquids given in a beaker and we need to find out which is acidic and which is basic in nature. How will you come to know their nature?
- How do we control soil acidity?
- What are salts? How are they made?
- If one is bitten by an ant, which powder paste can you apply that is readily available in our kitchens? Give reasons for that. Give the chemical name for the same
- Ammonia is found in many household products, such as windows cleaners. It turns red litmus blue. What is its nature?
- When soap is dissolved in water, the solution changes the color of red litmus to blue. What is its nature?
- Why does the test tube warm after the neutralization process is over?
- What happens when soil is acidic? why is it bad for plants?
- Boojho decided to add dilute sulphuric acid to some lime water kept in a beaker. What will be the beaker temperature be? Give reasons.
- Can you tell why when a detergent is applied to a cloth which has turmeric stains turn red in color? Give reasons for your answer.
- Is distilled water acidic/ basic/ neutral? How would you verify it?
- What do you understand by the term water pollution. Why is important to treat the factory waste water before releasing it. Give reasons to validate your answer.
- It is important to neutralize factory waste before releasing in water. Give reasons to validate your answers
- Too much fertilizers make the soil acidic too much organic. Is this statement true. Validate with reason