decimal places, converting decimal to fractions, converting fractions to decimals, comparing decimals, addition and subtraction of decimals, multiplication and division of decimals
1. How would you compare and order whole numbers, fractions and decimals through hundredths?
2. How are common and decimal fractions alike and different?
3. What strategies can be used to solve estimation problems with common and decimal fractions?
- Convert each of the following into a fraction in its simplest form: a) .7 b) .25 c) .098 d) .056
- Convert each of the following into mixed fractions: a) 5.6 b) 12.25 c) 6.004 d) 4.565
- Convert each of the following into like decimals: a) 6.5, 16.03 ,0.274 ,119.4 b) 3.5 ,.67,15.6 , 4
- Fill each of the place holders with the correct symbol< or > : a) 78.89 _____ 69.87 b) 3.406_____ 3.45 c) 4.56_____ 4.65 d) .97_____1.01
- Arrange the following decimals in ascending order: a) 4.6 , 7.4 , 4.58, 7.32 , 4.06 b) .05 , 5.5, 5.05, 0.5 c) 2.2, 2.12, .212 , .2
- Express 56 mm in cm , m and Km
- Express in Kg using decimals: a) 65 grams b) 349 grams c) 1234 grams
- Subtract: a) 14.79 from 73.45 b) 37.56 from 57.98 c) 26.89 from 27.98
- Add: a) 16, 8.9, 23.09 and 23 b) 2.10 , 1.23, 45.9 and 34.7
- o.0302 × 0.52 =____
- find the product: a) .5 × .05 × .5 b) 1.25 × .6 c) .54 × 6.7
- Ronit bought stationery, a pencil for Rs3.50 , a scale for Rs9.75 and rubber for Rs 2.5. He bought 5 pencils, one rubber and one scale. He gave Rs 50 to the shopkeeper. How much change did he get back?
- If one pen cost Rs 9.85. What will a box of pen with a dozen units cost?
- What decimal represents the shaded part:
- The quotient when 0.004992 is divided by 0.312 is _____
- What should be subtracted from 7.1 to get .976?
- What should be added to 8.9 to get 12.67?
- WHat fraction is equivalent to a) 3.8 b) .4
- 1 Kg full cream milk has .345 kg of fat in it. How much fat is there in 12. 5 kg of full cream milk
- The cost of 1 m ribbon is 9.75? What is cost of 9.9 meters:
- A bowler took 15 wickets for 321 runs. What is his average score per wicket?
- The cost of 24 toys of same kind is Rs 783.60. Find the cost of each toy.
- The product of two decimals is 261.36. if one of them is 17.6, find the other?
- Dina is preparing a poster board for his science fair project. The board is 0.665 m across. He wants a 0.05 m board around the edges of the poster. What is the remaining length across the poster board for Dina to work with after the border is added?
- Each polygon is 2.9cm in lenght and its perimeter is 17.4 cm. How many sides does the polygon have?
- How many pieces of plywood, each .45 cm thick are required to make a pile 2.43 m high?
- Each side of the polygon is 3.8 cm in lenght and its perimeter is 22.8 cm. How many sides does the polygon have?