decimal places, converting decimal to fractions, converting fractions to decimals, comparing decimals, addition and subtraction of decimals, multiplication and division of decimals
1.How would you compare and order whole numbers, fractions and decimals through hundredths?
2. How are common and decimal fractions alike and different?
3. What strategies can be used to solve estimation problems with common and decimal fractions?
- Find the value of : 738.6 ×5.4 + 7.8+2.6=
- The vulgar fraction of 0.231 can be expressed as_____
- The value of (1-1/2)× (1-1/3)×(1-1/4)×(1-1/5)×(1-1/6)×(1-1/7)×(1-1/8)×(1-1/9)×(1-1/10)=________
- A rectangular sheet of paper is 1212 cm long and 1023 cm wide. Find its perimeter.
- Find the average of 4.2, 3.8 and 7.6.
- In how many parts can a rod of length 19.5 m be broken into equal lengths of 65cm?
- A milkman sells 42 litres at Rs 19.75 per litre to a hostel. How much money should he get from the hostel?
- If we multiply a fraction by itself, the fraction thus obtained is 16/81. The original fraction will be______
- How will you represent 3× 2/3 pictorially?
- When 40257 is divided by 213, the quotient is 189, what will be the quotient when 40.27 is divided by 0.0189?
- Saili plants 4 saplings, in a row, in her garden. The distance between two adjacent saplings is 34 m. find the distance between the first and the last sapling.
- Shyama bought 5 kg 300 g apples and 3 kg 250 g mangoes. Sarala bought 4 kg 800 g oranges and 4 kg 150 g bananas. Who bought more fruits?
- The side of an equilateral triangle is 3.5 cm. Find its perimeter.
- A farmer has 192 animals out of which 7/16 are cattles. 2/3 of cattles are dairy cows. How many dairy cows he has?
- Sneha and Sidak have Rs 41 altogether. 1.4 of Sneha’s money is Rs 2 more than 1/7 of Sidak;s money. How much money Sneha has?