Gender, women equality, identity, sexual harassment, double burden, care giving, de-valued, stereotype, discrimination, violation, solidarity
Do you think there is a disparity between boys and girls in the society?
What is the role of women in making the society strong?
- Define stereotype. give examples of stereotype.
- Trace the history of Indian Women’s Movement since the colonial rule, showing how it has brought in the change in the lives of the modern Indian women.
- List a few things that a homemaker/mother does for you.
- Define sexual harassment.
- Why do you think all religions teach equality and believe in the principle of oneness?
- According to the 2001 census data, women constitute of 48% of the total population of the country. Give reasons why they are less in numbers as compared to men?
- Why is women’s movement is also about showing solidarity? Give examples to explain the same.
- Differentiate between stereotype and discrimination. Give examples for each.
- Homemaker’s job does not a have price but only value. Explain.
- Explain in your own words what do you understand by ‘Liberty, Equality and Fraternity.’ Can you give reasons why did French Revolutionaries use the above slogan to liberate France from monarchy?
- Why do you think society opposed to girls going to school in the nineteenth century and how have things been different for girls in the twenty first century from their counterparts in the nineteenth century?
- Can you think of reasons why certain stereotypes were formed against women?
- Article 15 of the Indian Constitution prohibits discrimination on ground of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth. Can you think of a situation from your real life where you have seen discrimination still existing in the society in the areas that are prohibited in Article 15?
- Can you think of a scenario when everyone is treated equal by each other on the basis of religion, caste, race, place of birth and social status then how will the world be? How do you think things will change around you?
- Why do you think people do not value a homemaker’ work?
- If she goes on a strike for one day nothing is done in the house. To get the kind of work done by a homemaker and how much will you pay?
- Will you get the same quality from an outside professional as you will get from the homemaker?
- Do you think homemaker is more than a profession or less than a profession? How do you evaluate the job of a homemaker?