equatorial region, rainforest, tributaries, river’s mouth, slash and Burn, population density
1. Why are rainforests very important to maintain the Earth ecological balance?
2. Why do you think some of the most thickly populated areas in the world are concentrated in Ganga Brahmaputra basin?
- What are the staple food of Amazon Manioc are called: a) Cocoa b) Cassava c) Coriander d) Potato
- Where does Manioc belongs as the staple food: a) Ganga Basin b) Africa c) Amazon d) Polar region
- Kolkatta is located on which river: a) Orange b) Hooghly c) Bhagirathi d) Yammuna
- Where is Kaziranga wild life sanctuary located: a) Assam b) Karnataka c) Kerela d) None
- How is the climate of Amazon Basin? a) Hot and Dry b) cold and dry c) Hot and wet d) None
- Toucans are the type of: a) Birds b) animals c) insects d) reptiles
- What are the main occupation of the people living in the Ganga -Brahmaputra basin: a) Hunting b) shop keeping c) Agriculture d) None
- One horned Rhinoceros are found in: a) Savanah grasslands b) Amazon basin c) Brahmaputra plain d) Ghagra basin
- What are the common needs of all the people: a) food b) market place c) transportation d) All of these
- On which river bank are Allahabad, Kanpur, Varanasi located: a) river Ganga b) River Brahmaputra c) River Hoogly d) River Yammuna
- Bromeliads are: a) parasitic plants found in Amazon basin b) they store water in their leaves Which of the following is right option: a) Only a b) Only b c) Both a and b d) None of these
- Vallineria and Hydrilla are: a) type of cash crop b) food for fish c) local weeds growing in flowing water d) weeds growing in stagnant water Choose the correct option: a) Both A and B b) Both B and C c) Both B and D d) None of the above
- The place where a river flows into another water body is called: a) river’s mouth b) Ox bow lake c) tributary d) none of these
- How is the climate of Amazon Basin characterized: a) cold and humid b) Hot and humid c) Dry and hot d) Dry and cold
- At night the temperature goes down in the Amazon basin but the humidity: a) remains the same b) remains low c) remains high d) none of these
- True or false: a) Spanish explorers discovered the Amazon river.
b) It rains only for two months in the Amazon basin.
c) The flesh eating piranha is found in Amazon river.
d) Most of the parasitic plants are found in Amazon rain forests.
e) In the Ganga- Brahmaputra delta area, Bengal tiger, crocodiles and alligators are found.
f) Agra is on the confluence of river Ganga and Yamuna
- Give valid reasons on why paddy is grown in Ganga Brahmaputra basin.
- Why does Ganga – Brahmputra basin has one of the highest population density in the world.
- Why is important to save the Amazon rain forest?
Examine the following statements carefully and decide if statement1 and statement 2 are individually true and if so whether the statement are individually true.
- Statement1: Susu is a blind dolphin is a fresh water dolphin. Statement 2: Susu dolphin presence in the river tells the the quality of water flowing in the river. a) Both statement 1 and statement 2 are true and statement 2 is the correct explanation for Statement 1. b) Both statement 1 and statement 2 are true but statement 2 is not the correct explanation of statement 1 c) Statement 1 is true but statement 2 is false d) Statement 1 is false and statement 2 is true.
- Statement1: Rain forest have a very rich flora. Statement 2: Bromeliads and Orchids are widely present in these forests. a) Both statement 1 and statement 2 are true and statement 2 is the correct explanation for Statement 1. b) Both statement 1 and statement 2 are true but statement 2 is not the correct explanation of statement 1 c) Statement 1 is true but statement 2 is false d) Statement 1 is false and statement 2 is true.