mode of nutrition, complex food substances, digestion, fatty acids, feeding, teeth, digestion in micro organisms, absorption of food, ORS oral re-hydration solution, digestive organs
1.Do all animals have same mode of nutrition?
2. How do animals digest the food they take in?
3. Why do different types of organisms eat different kinds of food?
4. What happens to the food when it goes inside our stomach?
- Which of the statements is or are INCORRECT about eating habits of animals? a) animals that obtain their food by killing other animals called scavengers b) Organism that obtain thier food from other animals that consume plants as well as other animals as thier food, called omnivorous d) animals that obtain thier food only from plants- herbivorous
- In which of the statement is or INCORRECT, about teeth? a) premolar are four in numbers and help in chewing and grinding the food. b)canine are four in numbers and help in piercing and tearing of food c) incisors are two in numbers and help to cut and bite food d) none of the above
- Paheli wants to know the name of the organ that releases digestive juices into the small intestines: a) liver b) stomach c) Pancreas d) Gall Bladder
- Which of the following statement is or are INCORRECT ? a) The saliva breaks down the food into sugars b) the digestive juices (present in the stomach) breaks down the fat into simpler substances c) The bile juices play an important role in the digestion of protiens d) All of the above
- The breakdown of complex components of food into the simpler substances is called: a) digestion b) nutrition c) breathing d) respiration
- Set of teeth that exists in the mouth during the period from six to eight years of a human being are : a) permanent teeth b) premolar c) molar d) Milk teeth
- The stomach is a thick walled bag of a) V shape b) U shape c) X shape d) z shape
- The largest gland in the human body is a) oesophagus b) villi c) salivary gland d) liver
- Length of small intestine a) 10.5 m b)40 m c) 23.4m d) 7.5 m
- The process of digestion taking place in grass eating animal: a) egestion b) rumination c) assimilation d) absorption
- Diarrhea is caused due to a) Infection b) indigestion c) poisioning d) all of the above
- Plenty of boiled water mixed with a pinch of salt and sugar dissolved in it is called a) an acid b) a base c) an indicator d) oral rehydration
- Single celled organism among the following: a) Human being b) yeast c) cow d) amoeba
- Read the sentence which is related to digestive system and chose the word for it.Transport of digested and soluble food from the intestine to blood vessels a) large intestine b) absorption c) assimilation d) digestion
- Read the statement and choose the word for it: Organism which take food hurriedly and store it in a part of the stomach, this digested food is returned to the buccal cavity for the complete process of digestion: a) cattle b) omnivores c) beetles d) carrion feeders
- The function of digestive juices present in the stomach is to breakown: a) protiens into simpler substances b) starch into sugars c) fats into juices d) food into gases
- Pulp is soft material in the tooth and it is rich in a) starch and sugar b) nerves and blood vessels c) acids d) cellulose
- Which of the following is part of alimentary canal: a) stomach b) Oesophagus c) Buccal cavity d) all
- Which of the following secrete digestive juices which convert complex substances of food into simpler substances: a) liver b) pancreas c) both of the above d) none
- Below given are some parts of our body, choose the odd one out: a) tongue b) absorption c) taste d) swallow
- In digestion which of the following components of food will a person having liver disorder, feel difficulty: a) carbohydrates b) fats c) proteins d) vitamins
- Pancreatic juice acts on which of the following components of food and change into simpler substances: a) fats b) carbohydrates c) proteins d) all of these
- Intestinal juices changes fat into a) fatty acids b) gylcerol c) Both d) none
- Read carefully the terms given below. which of the following set is the correct combination of organs that do not carry out any digestion functions: a) Oesophagus, large intestines, rectum b) Buccal cavity, oesophagus, rectum c) Buccal cavity, oesophagus, large intestines d) small intestines, large intestines, rectum ( option a is the answer)
- They are given some parts of the digestive system, choose the odd one out: a) oesophagus b) small intestine c) large intestine d) rectum
- Statement 1: Extracellular digestion take place in small intestines Statement 2: Digestion does not take place in stomach a) Statement 1 is correct which statement 2 is incorrect b) Statement 2 is correct while statement 1 is incorrect c) Both statements are correct d) Both statement are incorrect.
- Statement 1: Digestion is the process of breaking down complex food into simpler substances. Statement 2: It starts when the food reaches from the esophagus to the stomach. a) Statement 1 is correct which statement 2 is incorrect b) Statement 2 is correct while statement 1 is incorrect c) Both statements are correct d) Both statement are incorrect.
- Statement 1: Tooth decay happens when acid is released from breaking of sugar in the mouth. Statement 2: Acids starts corroding the enamel of the tooth leading to damage of the teeth. a) Statement 1 is correct which statement 2 is incorrect b) Statement 2 is correct while statement 1 is incorrect c) Both statements are correct d) Both statement are incorrect.
- Statement 1: Breaking of protein in food happens in the stomach Statement 2: Carbohydrate breakdown happens in the small intestines.a) Statement 1 is correct which statement 2 is incorrect b) Statement 2 is correct while statement 1 is incorrect c) Both statements are correct d) Both statement are incorrect.