mode of nutrition, complex food substances, digestion, fatty acids, feeding, teeth, digestion in micro organisms, absorption of food, ORS oral re-hydration solution, digestive organs
1. Do all animals have same mode of nutrition?
2. How do animals digest the food they take in?
3. Why do different types of organisms eat different kinds of food?
4. What happens to the food when it goes inside our stomach?
- Define digestion.
- What is nutrition
- Match the following: Column I Column II i) salivary gland bile juice secretion ii) stomach storage of undigested food iii) Liver saliva secretion iv) rectum acid release v)small intestine digestion is completed vi) large intestine Absorption of water
- Fill in the blanks:
i) Sugar breaks into____
ii) Fats breaks into _____ and _____
iii) Proteins break into ______
- Choose the correct word given in the brackets:
a) Gall Bladder (store or produces) bile juice.
b) Bile is important in breaking down ( fats or proteins)
c) Villi play an important role (digestion or absorption) and are present in (small intestines or stomach).
d) Pancreas are large cream colored glands located below the (stomach or gall bladder)
e) Liver secretes (bile juice or pancreatic juice)
- How does starfish feed on animals?
- What is the digestive system. Draw a labeled diagram.
- How many teeths humans have. What is the function of each type of teeth?
- How does food move out when we vomit?
- What is cud?
- What is the difference between animal digestion and human digestive system?
- What is the significance of food vacuole in a single cell organism?
- What would have happened if humans did not have such an evolved digestive system?
- Show the process of digestion using a flow chart.
- Why does tooth decay happen?
- Why is it said brushing teeth is one of the best ways to stop teeth decay?
- Why do we choke at ties while eating or drinking?
- What is Diarrohea? Why is it considered fatal?
- Why is ORS given when someone suffers from diarrohea?
- Why can humans not digest cellulose?
- How is single cell organism digestion different from multicellular organisms?
- Can you find any similarities between food vacuole and the small intestines in humans. Explain in detail.
- How do we know the process of digestion starts happening in our mouth itself?
- Why is it said the process of digestion takes place in the mouth itself ?
- What would happen if villi were not present in the inner walls of the small intestines?