probability, random experiment, trial, chances, doubt, empirical probability
1. What influences the probability that a given event will occur?
2. What is the difference between experimental and theoretical probability?
3.What determines whether an event is dependent or independent?
4.How can we use modeling to form a prediction?
- A coin is tossed 100 times with following frequencies: Heads: 445 Tail: 555 When a coin is tossed at random, what is the probability of getting: a) Heads b) tails
- A die is thrown 100 times and outcomes are noted as given below:
Outcome: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Frequency: 21 9 14 23 18 15
If a die is thrown at random, find the probability of getting a/ an: a) 3 b) 5 c) 4 d) even number e) odd number f) number less than 3
3. A box contains a pair of socks of two colors (black and white). I have picked out a white sock. I pick out one more with my eyes closed. What is the probability that I will make a pair?
4. Probability of getting even number in a single throw of dice is: a) 1/2 b) 1/6 c) 5/6 d) none
5. P(E) = 0.37 then P (not E) will be: a) 0.37 b)0.63 c) 0.57 d) None
6. There are 5 prizes on 1000 tickets of a lottery of company. Probability of winning prize is: a)199/200 b) 1/200 c) 198/200 d) none
7. Probability of drawing an ace from a deck of 52 cards: a) 1/52 b) 1/26 c) 3/52 d) 1/13
8. A bag contains 3 red and 2 blue balls. A marble is drawn at random. What is the probability of drawing a blue marble? a) None b) 1/5 c) 3/5 d) 2/5
A number is selected at random from the first five natural numbers. Find the probability that the number is a prime: a) 3/7 b) 4/7 c) 3/5 d) 2/5