hundredth part, fraction into percentage, ratio into percentage, percentage into ratio, decimal into percentage, word problems
1. What types of real-world situations can be represented fractions, decimals, and percents? Why aren’t integers appropriate for those situations?
2. How does converting between fraction/decimal/percent help make numbers more manageable?
3.When is fraction the most convenient representation? Decimal? Percent?
4. What is the significance of a unit rate?
5. When is a visual representation a helpful problem solving technique?
- Convert each of the following fraction into percentage: a) 47/100 b) 9/20 c) 3/8 d) 5/15 e) 120/400
- Convert each of the following into fraction: a) 32% b) 6 1/4% c) 45.9% d) .0056% e) 25.78%
- Express each of the following as ratio: a) 43% b) 36% c) 58% d)9.5% e) 125%
- Convert each of the following ration into percentage: a) 4:5 b)20:140 c) 30:240 d) 1:2 e) 3:7
- Convert each into decimal form: a) 35% b) 78% c) 58.7% d) 0.45% e).89%
- Convert each of the following decimals into a percentage: a) 0.7 b) 39.65 c) 0.089 d)1.23 e) 35.97
- Find: a) 34 % of 25 b) 28.5% of 50 c) 35% of 90 d) 8.5% of 220 e) 25% of 1000
- Find: a) 25% of Rs 76 b) 35% of 70Kg c) 42% of 770 litres d) 73% of 1460 Kg e) 89% of 890
- A basket contains 250 eggs. If 15% of the eggs are rotten, how many eggs are rotten?
- Mr Byom saves 25% of his salary. If he receives Rs 25000 per month as his salary, how much amount is he actually saving?
- Fill in the blanks: a) 3:4= (___)% b) 0.75%= (___)% c) 6%= (____) in decimals
- Find the number whose 13% is 65
- If 3% of x is 9, find x.
- What amount is 20% less than Rs 60?
- In an examination, 95% of the total examine passed. If the number of failure is 28, how many examines were there? What number passed?
- In an election, there were two candidates A and B. The total number of voters in this constituency was 60,000 and 80% of total votes were polled. If 60% of the polled voted were cast in favor of A, how many votes were received by B?
- An ore contains 5% copper. How much ore is required to obtain 400 g of copper?
- 70% of the students in a school are boys. If the number of girls is 240, how many boys are there in the school? a) 420 b) 560 c) 630 d) 480
- Fill in the blanks: a) If x decrease by 40% gives 135, then x=____ b) (11% of x)- (7% of x)=18, then x=____
- The value of car decrease annually by 20%. If the present value of car is Rs 450,000 what will be its value after 2 years?
- Due to an increase in the price of sugar by 25%, by how much percent must a householder decrase the consumption of sugar so that there is no increase in the expenditure on sugar?
- If 11% of a number exceeds 7% of the number of the number by 18, the number is a) 72 b) 360 c) 450 d) 720
- The population of a town increases 10% annually.if its present population is 60,000, what will be its population after 2 years?
- What percent of 1 day is 36 minutes?
- On reducing the value of chair by 6% it becomes Rs 658. The original value of the chair is: a) Rs 750 b) Rs 720 c) Rs 500 d) Rs 700
- A number decreased by 40% gives 135. The number is :a) 175 b) 200 c) 250 d) 225
- A’s income is 25% more than B. How many percent is B’s income less than that of A?