load, fulcrum, effort, 1st class lever, 2nd class,3rd class lever, motion, measurment
1. What is work?
2. What is simple about simple machines?
3. How do machines help us live our lives?
4. Are all machines good?
Understanding Simple Machines
- A ______ is a push or a pull. a) friction b) force c) simple machine d) pulley
- Simple machines make work easier by trading _____ for force. a) motion b) work c) distance d) friction
- A wheel barrow is an example of a ______ class lever. a) second b) first c) fourth d) third
- Which part of the lever supplies the force to move something? a) load b) effort c) fulcrum
- Which part of the lever is the part you are trying to move? a) load b) effort c) fulcrum
- When studying simple machines, the Load would be known as______ a) How much effort you can put b) What are you trying to move c) The item that pivots
- More pulleys reduce the amount of force needed to lift an object. True or false
- The best definition of work is: a) Feel exhausted and tired b) Take a lunch break c) Move an object
- Less Pulleys reduce the amount of force needed to lift an object. True or false
- What is the difference between simple and complex machine. Give examples.
- What are the use of a simple machine?
- Define mechanical advantage and what does it tell about a machine. Why does it not have any unit.
- Write the difference between a) Load point and effort point. B) Load Arm and Effort Arm c) Class 1 and Class II levers
- Write the difference between inclined plane and Wedge.
- Which simple machine does a flagpole make use of? a) pulley b) inclined plane c) lever d) screw
- Which simple machine makes up a pencil sharpener? (the one mounted on the wall) a) lawn tractor b) pulley c) wheel and axle d) inclined plane
- Machines reduce the amount of work needed to do a job: a) False b) True
- The image represents which of the following: a) Pulley b) Wedge c) Inclined plane
- The image represents which of the simple machines: a) Inclined plane b) Wedge c) Screw
- This is an example of _____ class of lever.
- This is an example of ____ class of lever
- This is an example of ___ class of lever.
- This is an example of _____ class of lever because __________
- The center of this see saw will be ( effort, load, fulcrum) and is an example of (1st class of lever, 2nd class of lever, 3rd class of lever)
- Which of the simple machines allows you to hold something in place? a)Screw b) Inclined plane c) Pulley
- Which is an example of a wheel and axle that make work easier by reducing friction? a) pencil sharpener b) screwdriver c) wheelbarrow d) ladder
- What is mechanical advantage of Inclined plane and how is it different from mechanical advantage of a simple machine.
- What should you do to reduce the amount of effort needed to lift something using a first class lever? a) move the fulcrum to the middle of the lever b) move the fulcrum closer to the load c) move the fulcrum closer to the effort